Air, Land and Water Engineering has been performing asbestos abatement projects since 1989. Our staff has completed all phases of asbestos projects including surveys, inspections, operations and maintenance programs, abatement design, removal and monitoring. We perform asbestos services in Maryland, DC, Virginia, and Delaware. We can mobilize quickly and have responded to hundreds of flood insurance claim projects in the Mid-Atlantic area.
Building owners who need asbestos inspections done rely on ALWE to check materials for asbestos content prior to renovations or purchasing a building or home. We collect asbestos samples using licensed asbestos inspectors in accordance with EPA protocols. We can get rush analysis done quickly if time is of the essence. By using inspectors who are also lead paint inspectors or lead paint risk assessors we can combine a lead paint and asbestos inspection to save you time and money.
Asbestos removal projects are performed using High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtered negative air machines, HEPA filter vacuums, wet techniques, and thick 6-mil plastic sheeting to build containments to keep the asbestos fibers within the work area. OSHA regulations and EPA regulations are strictly followed to protect the occupants from exposure to asbestos fibers.
- Bel Air, Dundalk, & Soldier's Armory, Baltimore, Maryland; Department of General Services - Asbestos surveys, removal and replacement of floor tile and thermal system insulation.
- Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History and the National Museum of American History
- Management Planner for nine school systems on Maryland's Eastern Shore (over 140 schools total).
- University of Maryland at Baltimore County - Library Gallery Design Project including ceiling replacement, and lighting system upgrade.
- PQP for the Carderock Asbestos Removal Project at the Naval Warfare Center.
- Hagerstown Correctional Facilities, Hagerstown, Maryland; Maryland Department of General Services - Asbestos surveys, removal, replacement and design.
- JBG Properties - Asbestos surveys, removal projects, and training.
- Prince George's County, Maryland - 6 Asbestos surveys, removal design & monitoring project.
- Amtrak - Penn Station in Baltimore - various surveys.
- University of Maryland College Park Greenhouse Phase II ESA including asbestos and lead paint surveys.
- Blakehurst, Towson, Maryland - Asbestos removal project for LifeCare.
- Carroll Place Historic Mansion in Kensington, MD - Asbestos roof and interior survey, design and removal specification.
- Residential asbestos projects including background and clearance sampling and analysis, removal, demolition and abatement specifications.
- Asbestos floor tile, pipe and duct insulation removal and testing at Howard University in Washington, DC.