Air, Land and Water Engineering has performed above ground and underground storage tank (UST) removal and replacement projects for clients in Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia.
ALWE has worked on numerous sites that required site characterizations, assessment, and/or contamination delineation. Ground-water monitoring wells and soil borings are installed to evaluate the extent of contamination. When remediation is required, we use risk based approaches to try and minimize the cost and disruption to the site. Sometimes only minor amounts of soil removal is necessary due to the discovery of contaminants during the removal operations. These types of projects require clear and thorough understanding of the applicable regulations of different states, the ability to function effectively as liaison between clients and regulators, and the selection and supervision of various subcontractors.
ALWE employs experienced certified and licensed storage tank installers and removers. Call us to solve your above ground and underground storage tank problems.
- Smithsonian Institution - Managed design for removal and replacement of several underground storage tanks (USTs).
- University of Maryland College Park - Removal monitoring, Well Installation and Closure Reporting for over 25 USTs.
- Safeway - UST removal in Leesburg, Virginia.
- Montgomery College - UST removal and replacement project.
- CB Commercial - Removed 3 USTs at old lumber yard in Baltimore, MD.
- Falls Church, VA condominium - Managed the design for replacement of two large 25,000 gallon USTs.
- Carey Winston/Travelers Insurance - Removed UST and installed above ground (AST) in Silver Spring, MD.
- Acacia Building - Managed the design and removal of two large USTs in Washington, DC.
- Aberdeen Proving Ground - Tested and Repaired over 40 USTs.
- Connecticut Avenue NW - Two UST's closed in place for apartment building.
- Wrote and certified the spill prevention, control and countermeasure (SPCC) plans for the entire Towson University campus, a Bell Atlantic facility, an IBM facility, a paper box plant, the Baltimore Unilever Plant, The Johns Hopkins University and Hospital, the Mercy Medical Center, Howard County General Hospital, the GSA Power Plants in DC and several other organizations.